Le Boterff Gites, Camping and B&B - Booking Conditions
Our Promise to You
The satisfaction and enjoyment of your holiday is extremely important to us. We promise to be helpful, fair and reasonable at all times, to provide full and accurate information and to keep you informed of any changes as soon as we are aware of them.
These Booking Conditions form the basis of your contract with us. By confirming your booking with us, whether in writing, by email, telephone or verbally, then you are deemed to have accepted these conditions.
VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING OUR DRAINAGE SYSTEM AND WASTE DISPOSAL POINT.
Being a rural property we are not on mains drainage. We have a septic tank and filter bed system to treat our sewerage and waste water. This is an organic system which can be very easily damaged by strong chemicals such as bleaches and certain chemical toilet fluids. For this reason, any chemicals flushed into our system must be marked as suitable for use in septic tanks or “sans danger pour fosses septiques”, and we must insist that nothing is flushed down any toilet, sink or drain that could block or damage the system. If you are in any doubt please check with us before using our waste disposal point. It is a condition of booking with us that you comply with this request. For your convenience we supply suitable cleaning materials in the gites and for campsite users suitable chemical toilet fluids are available to buy from us. There are also a public waste disposal points nearby for anyone using non-organic fluids.
Information Required at the Time of Booking
We will ask you for the following information at the time of booking: Names of all members of the party and ages of any children, Address, Telephone number, dates of stay (if known), type of accommodation required, and special requirements or requests. On acceptance of a booking we will send you a written confirmation of your reservation.
Deposits and Balance Payments
We normally ask for a deposit at the time of booking. The amount of deposit payable may vary according to the type of accommodation being booked, the length of stay and the total holiday cost.
For B&B and Campsite bookings your deposit is treated as a partial pre-payment of your holiday balance. The balance is either payable in full at least 4 weeks before your holiday is due to commence, or else in Euros on arrival. For Payment methods see below.
For Gite bookings the deposit paid secures your booking and also acts as your security / breakage deposit. This deposit will be returned to you in full after your holiday provided that the gite has been left in a clean and tidy condition. If we have to carry out extra cleaning or replace any breakages / missing items then we reserve the right to deduct a reasonable charge from your security deposit to cover this. The full rental charge is then payable in full at least 4 weeks before your holiday is due to commence, or else in Euros on arrival.
Advance payment for deposits or holiday balances can be made in the following ways:
· In GB Pounds Sterling by cheque or bank transfer to our UK bank account. Payments made in Sterling will be converted in Euros at the current exchange rate offered by First Direct Bank, plus any bank / currency transfer charges. Our UK bank details will be supplied at the time of booking.
· In Euros by Euro cheque or by bank transfer to our French bank account. Our French bank details will be supplied at the time of booking.
- Credit / Debit Card payment is possible at the property.
· Payment by Paypal is also possible on request. Any transaction fees levied by Paypal are payable in full by the guest.
· Any payments made to us on or after arrival can only be accepted in Euros (whether by cash cheque or card).
Arrival and Departure
Please see our website for details of how to find us. If you require any more information please do not hesitate to contact us. Guests are welcome to arrive anytime after 4.00pm. If you arrive earlier then it is possible that your accommodation / pitch may not yet be ready for you. If you expect to arrive after 8.00pm then we would ask you to keep us informed as to your likely arrival time. We ask you to vacate your accommodation / pitch by 10.30am on the day of departure.
Occupation of Accommodation
For insurance purposes, only the people named when the booking is made will be allowed to occupy the Gite / B&B accommodation. No additional people can be accommodated unless agreed with us prior to your arrival. Additional guests arriving on the campsite to those already pre-booked will be charged for at the appropriate rate.
Late Arrival or Curtailment of your Holiday
If you should arrive later than your confirmed arrival date or decide to depart earlier than your booked departure date for any reason then no refund of the booked rental charge will be payable.
Cancellation by You
By making a booking with us you have entered into a binding contract. If you have booked via a third party booking site, then the cancellation terms advertised on that site will apply. For all other cancellations, or if you fail to arrive as booked the following will apply:
· Any deposits paid to us are not refundable.
· If you cancel your booking within 4 weeks of your scheduled arrival date we will make every effort to re-let your accommodation / pitch(es). If we are unable to do so then 50% of your total holiday cost will be payable.
· If you cancel within 1 week or fail to arrive as booked then 100% of your total holiday cost will be payable, unless we are able to re-let your accommodation / pitch(es) in full.
Cancellation by Us
If due to unforeseen circumstances we are forced to cancel your holiday then you would receive a full refund of the monies paid to us as at the date of cancellation. In this event we shall do our best to find you suitable alternative accommodation, but the limit of our liability would be the total cost of your booking with us plus your reasonable unrecoverable travel costs, directly related to this holiday booking, that you have already pre-paid prior to our cancellation. Every effort should be made to recover your travel costs. Unrecoverable costs will only be refunded on production of the relevant original receipts.
If we are forced to cancel your holiday prior to departure due to circumstances entirely beyond our control such as hostilities, civil unrest, natural disaster or other circumstances amounting to “force majeure” affecting the region then we would make a full refund of the holiday cost. In this event the limit of our liability would be the total cost of your booking with us only. You would have to make any claims for pre-paid travel arrangements direct with the operators concerned or their agents.
Please note that smoking is not allowed in any of the buildings at Le Boterff D’en Haut. If you smoke in the garden or on the campsite we would ask you to dispose of cigarette ends and matches responsibly.
Dogs / Pets
Well behaved pets are welcome. For Gite / B&B guests, please bring your own bedding for your pets with you. Please do not allow pets on the beds or furniture. Pets must not be left unattended in the Gites. Dogs should be kept on a lead and properly supervised at all times in our garden and grounds. Please exercise your dogs outside of the property and clean up after your pets.
Please be aware that we have gravel paths from the parking area to the entrance to the Gites / B&B. There are open tread staircases in the gites. In common with most French properties of this type, the stairs are fairly steep and narrow. All bedrooms are at first floor level. Rose Gite has a shower room and WC on the ground floor, Chevrefeuille Gite has a shower room and WC on the first floor. The parking area, gardens, campsite shower / wc and information room all have level access.
Complaints and Feedback
If you are not satisfied with any aspect of your accommodation or our service then this should be brought to our attention at the time the problem arises or within 24 hours at the latest. We will do everything we reasonably can to rectify the matter for you or provide a reasonable alternative. We cannot entertain any complaints after you have returned home if the issue has not been brought to our attention at the time of your stay. We welcome all feedback and suggestions for possible improvements.
Your Responsibility / Liability
· You should carefully check all correspondence supplied by us relating to your holiday booking. If any errors or omissions are discovered then you should contact us immediately. We cannot accept responsibility for errors or omissions not brought to our attention at the time of booking / confirmation.
· It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party act in a responsible manner and do not do anything that could endanger the health or safety of themselves or others. All children and animals in your care must be properly supervised at all times whilst on the property and must not be left unattended / unsupervised. Children should not be allowed to play in the barns or storage areas where tools and machinery is stored.
· You accept responsibility for any damage or loss caused by you or any member of your party (including any pets), whether to our property or the property of other guests staying on the site. Full payment for any such damage or loss (including lost keys) must be paid for prior to departure.
· All members of your party should act in a respectful manner to all other users of the property and not cause undue noise or disruption that may affect the enjoyment of others.
· All vehicles and their contents, caravans and their contents, camping equipment, personal property and belongings are brought onto the property entirely at your own risk. You are responsible for taking care of your belongings and adequately storing / securing your property if it is left unattended. We recommend that you have valid insurance cover appropriate to the nature and value of the property being brought onsite or left in vehicles. If your property is not insured then it is entirely at your own risk.
· We recommend that you have adequate travel insurance to cover any cancellation, losses, personal liability, health, travel disruptions etc.
Limits of Liability
We do all we can to ensure a safe, pleasant and comfortable environment for your holiday. We will not be responsible for any injury, illness, death, loss (including loss of enjoyment), damage, expense, cost or other claim of any description which may result from:
· The acts or omissions of any member of your party or of any third party.
· Circumstances which were unforeseeable, unavoidable or beyond our control, including force majeure (as above).
Information given when making your booking is stored on our database and is not available to any third party. We may use this information to contact you in the future. If you wish your details to be removed from our database at any time please let us know.
Le Boterff Gites, Camping, B&B, 2 Le Boterff D’en Haut, 22320 Saint Mayeux, France
Tel: 0033 296 240 065